Trojan Dragon Hatchery
Hey there! You're on Trojan Hatchery Property! Either join or log-in, other wise you have to deal with this evil little window following you around. Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Trojan Dragon Hatchery
Hey there! You're on Trojan Hatchery Property! Either join or log-in, other wise you have to deal with this evil little window following you around. Very Happy
Trojan Dragon Hatchery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips and Tricks to Breeding,hatching etc. (I promise this isn't stuff you've already heard!)

3 posters

Go down

Tips and Tricks to Breeding,hatching etc. (I promise this isn't stuff you've already heard!) Empty Tips and Tricks to Breeding,hatching etc. (I promise this isn't stuff you've already heard!)

Post by Black Cat Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:52 pm

On Eggs~
1. Your dragon won't grow up before 3.5 days.
2. The less clicks you have, the more views you'll need.
3. Views needed range anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand.
4. If your dragon has less than a day left, get it to an ER immediately (preferably multiple ERs).
5. If your egg is fully cracked, or your hatchling matured with more than 4 days to go; in all likelylihood, it's ready to hatch, it just has to hit the right time.
6. If your egg is fully cracked, or your hatchling matured with more than 4 days to go; check that your egg doesn't have soft shell, or your hatchling isn't sick. Illness can be caused by getting too many views/clicks too fast.
7. If your egg has soft shell, or your hatchling is sick, go to actions and "hide" the egg/hatchling. Your egg/hatchy should be hidden for at least a day. Be warned that an egg/hatchling cannot hatch/mature while fogged. Even if the egg/hatchling is still sick, if it has less than 1 day left, unfog them.
8. You can try and "force" your hatchling to hatch from it's egg by "dropping" it. If your egg is very close to hatching, you can use the kill action. There is a small chance that when you crack the shell open, the hatchling emerges unharmed.
9.To fit more eggs in your siggy,You can do this~
[url=http://dragoncave/myscroll.com ] [img ]mydragonimageurl [/img] [img ]mydragonimageurl [/img][img ]mydragonimageurl [/img] [ /url]
See?You combine the images with only one link,your scroll.Makes more room for eggers.

Breeding~
1. If your dragons "refuse to go near each other", they won't breed. Stop trying.
2. Breeding is once every 7 days, down to the hour. The system has been updated to show you the date you last bred a dragon, though not the time of day.
3. If your dragons "don't seem interested" in one another, they're just not in the mood. You can try again next week.
4. You can keep one egg from a breeding. You have 1 hour to choose which one. The remaining eggs (or all of them, if you don't choose) will go to the abandoned page once you've choosen (or at the end of the hour, if you didn't). You can attempt to "bounce" these eggs by giving the codes to your friends and having them try and pick them up from the AP, then attempting to "trade" them back to you. Bouncing is frowned upon, and TJ has said he would rather go back to single-egg clutches than let breeders keep multiple eggs.
5. Alternately, you can note the code and post on the rare egg departure forum.
6. Christmas and Valentine dragons have limited breeding seasons. I know that Yulebucks (Christmas '08) can breed all year round, but only produce christmas eggs in december, I'm not sure about the others.
7. An alt dragon is no more likely to produce alt offspring than any non-alt dragon.
8. Two-headed dragons ("splits") will only breed with other two-headed dragons.
9. Geode dragons are the result of breeding between two stone dragons.
10. Golds and Silvers cannot be bred to other "metallics", only to other dragons.
11. Halloweens, Papers (Origami), Dinos, and Chickens cannot be bred. Halloweens are the only unbreedable dragons that have gender.

Etcetera~
1. You can only pick up four hatchling/eggs at any one time. If you have 4 hatchlings, you cannot pick up anymore eggs/hatchlings; if you have 4 eggs, you cannot pick up anymore eggs/hatchlings.
2. If you have 4 eggs/hatchlings, you can breed one egg. Any subsequent breedings, if successful, will autoabandon.
3. Being unable to pick up any more eggs/hatchlings is referred to as being "scroll locked". Your scroll remains locked until you have less than 4 eggs/hatchlings.
4. Freezing a hatchling does not halt the aging process completely. It is said that a frozen hatchling will still mature (i.e. grow wings and "gender"), albiet at a greatly ruduced rate. It won't, however, grow into an adult.
5. Dragon names must be unique. Names are used to link to specific dragons. A prefix or surname will help you give your dragons unique names.
6. Any dragon that has not been viewed for 8 weeks will lose their name. This is so popular names can go back into circulation. To prevent your dragon from losing it's name, it must gain at least one view every 8 weeks.
7. If a dragon's name is considered "inappropriate" (remembering the sites' PG rating), your dragon will be killed, no second chances.

GUIDE TO GETTING CAVE-BORN EGGS
COMMON EGGS

Neotropical-This egg is covered in strange yellow stripes

Deep Sea dragon-This eggs appears to be covered in scales

Water Walker-This egg is in a puddle (or something like that-Not to be confused with 'Shallow puddle)

Horse Dragon-This egg has strange markings on it

Water horse-This egg is blue and slimy

Cheese — This egg is soft and smells uncannily like cheese.

Ochredrake — This egg has strange markings on it.

Pygmy — This egg is so tiny you almost didn't see it.

Albino — You can see the baby dragon curled up inside this translucent egg.

Balloon — This light egg is floating in the air.

Black — This egg has a green aura radiating from it.

Dark Green — This egg is sitting in a patch of grass and small flowers even though there's no sun in the cave.

Daydream — This egg is sitting on a cloud.

Dorsal — This egg has multiple bands of color on it.

Frilled — This egg has strange markings on it.

Green/Earth — This egg is sitting in a pile of small pebbles.

Grey — This egg is surrounded by fog.

Guardian — This egg is sitting in front of the others.

Magi — This egg has an orange aura radiating from it.

Mint — This egg is hidden behind the others, as if it is shy.

Pink — It's bright. And pink.

Purple — Wow, purple isn't a color of egg you expected to see.

Red — This egg is rather warm.

Seasonal - The markings on this egg match the weather outside.

Skywing — This egg has strange markings on it.

Stone — This egg is heavy and rough, as if it were made out of rock.

Striped — This egg has brightly colored markings on it.

Sunrise/Sunset— This egg is glowing as brightly as the sun.

Water — This egg is sitting in a puddle of water.

Whiptail —This egg shakes from time to time, as if it is eager to hatch.

White egg— This egg is completely devoid of dirt or scratches.

RARE — BREEDABLE

Breedable rares can be bred, but are very uncommon. This is caused by one of three reasons.

1. "Holiday" dragons: Dragons that represent a specific time of the year may either be breedable only at certain times of the year, or breedable all year round; but only produce offspring of their own type during the time of year associated with their holiday. Includes: Valentines, Christmas.
2. "Rare" dragons: Are breedable only to common dragons, and rarely produce eggs of their own type. Includes: Silver, Gold.
3. "Self" dragons: These dragons either only breed with other dragons of their own type, or are the rare offspring of a same-type breeding. Includes: Split, Geode.

Christmas 2007 — ??

Christmas 2008 - Yulebuck — This egg is covered with bright, festive stripes.

Geode — This egg is heavy and rough, as if it were made out of rock.

Gold — This egg is very reflective, almost metallic looking.

Silver — This egg gives off a beautiful glow.

Two-Headed — This egg is split down the middle in two colours.

Valentines — This egg is speckled and very fragile.

RARE — UNBREEDABLE
Unbreedable dragons cannot be bred. They can only be stolen from the cave.

Chicken — This egg is a third the size of the other eggs.

Dino - Blue — This egg looks like it doesn't belong, it is brightly colored with white spots. It's much lighter than the other eggs.

Dino - Green — This egg looks like it doesn't belong, it is brightly colored with white spots. It's much lighter than the other eggs.

Dino - Red — This egg looks like it doesn't belong, it is brightly colored with white spots. It's much lighter than the other eggs.

Dino - Yellow — This egg looks like it doesn't belong, it is brightly coloured with white spots. It's much heavier than the other eggs.

Purple Dino — This egg looks like it doesn't belong; it is brightly colored with white spots. It's much lighter than the other eggs.

Halloween/Vampire — ??

Leetle Tree — Oh my. There is a leetle tree among the eggs.

Neglected egg — ??

Origami — This egg is tiny and made out of peices of paper folded together.
DISCONTINUED

~More to be added.

Last edited by Black Cat on Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:45 am; edited 6 times in total
Black Cat
Black Cat

Back to top Go down

Tips and Tricks to Breeding,hatching etc. (I promise this isn't stuff you've already heard!) Empty Re: Tips and Tricks to Breeding,hatching etc. (I promise this isn't stuff you've already heard!)

Post by Webkinz-lover#1 Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Wow, lots of info, cool guide. Smile
Webkinz-lover#1
Webkinz-lover#1

Back to top Go down

Tips and Tricks to Breeding,hatching etc. (I promise this isn't stuff you've already heard!) Empty Re: Tips and Tricks to Breeding,hatching etc. (I promise this isn't stuff you've already heard!)

Post by Black Cat Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:31 am

Thanks!
Black Cat
Black Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Webkinz-lover#1 Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:09 am

No prob. :]
Webkinz-lover#1
Webkinz-lover#1

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Cat Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:40 am

If you have any info on lineages,I could use it.
Black Cat
Black Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:12 pm

Oh, cool, thanks! Smile
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Cat Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:07 pm

Your welcome!
Black Cat
Black Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Cat Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:29 pm

Updated.
Black Cat
Black Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum